Posted to rec.food.cooking
A Moose In Love A Moose In Love is offline

Default Bottled water- LOL

On Thursday, April 24, 2014 5:20:38 PM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> Whoever started the bottled water thing years ago was a genius. Fooled
>
> the entire world into thinking that city water was bad, then charging
>
> a fortune for bottled water.
>

> I drink bottled water at work too but I fill my bottle from the tap
>
> each morning. I do own a Britta water filter but I rarely bother. The
>
> ferrets get more of that, just because it's fridge cold.
>

> Here's a mention in my newspaper the other day for "Earth Day" on the
>
> subject:
>
> It's an exact quote, not my opinion, although I do agree.
>

> --------------
>
> Myth: Bottled water is better than tap.
>

> Truth: Tap water is clean, safe, convenient, and affordable. Hampton
>
> Roads drinking water (my area) is continuously tested and always meets
>
> of exceeds EPA standards for safe drinking water. Price conscious? You
>
> can fill 1,500 glasses of tap water for about the price of a single
>
> bottle of water.
>

> PS- my dentist also told me that city water that adds a nip of floride
>
> cuts down the amount of cavities in patients very highly. People with
>
> well water or always drinking bottled water have a higher amount of
>
> cavities.

We have no fluoride in our tap water here in Kitchener. However, I only drink tap water. Once upon a time I purchased a bottle of water that was bottled in the heart of tobacco country. Tobacco farmers put lots of nasty stuff on the plants which leaks into the soil and the water table.
On the other hand, on my Godfather's tobacco farm, he had the most delicious water I have ever tasted. So wonderfully cold. The first couple of days out there, the water tastes of sulfur. But then you get used to it, and no longer taste the sulfur. Wonderful stuff. But what's in it: pesticides, anti sucker agents, etc. Oh well. I'm still kickin'.