Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Bottled water- LOL

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Whoever started the bottled water thing years ago was a genius. Fooled
> the entire world into thinking that city water was bad, then charging
> a fortune for bottled water.
>
> I drink bottled water at work too but I fill my bottle from the tap
> each morning. I do own a Britta water filter but I rarely bother. The
> ferrets get more of that, just because it's fridge cold.
>
> Here's a mention in my newspaper the other day for "Earth Day" on the
> subject:
> It's an exact quote, not my opinion, although I do agree.
>
> --------------
> Myth: Bottled water is better than tap.
>
> Truth: Tap water is clean, safe, convenient, and affordable. Hampton
> Roads drinking water (my area) is continuously tested and always meets
> of exceeds EPA standards for safe drinking water. Price conscious? You
> can fill 1,500 glasses of tap water for about the price of a single
> bottle of water.
>
> PS- my dentist also told me that city water that adds a nip of floride
> cuts down the amount of cavities in patients very highly. People with
> well water or always drinking bottled water have a higher amount of
> cavities.
>
> As Marty often says: Just sayin
>
> G.

I drink tap water at home here, unless I am sick and then I drink Smart
Water. But I haven't always lived where tap water was safe. On Cape Cod we
had Chlordane and jet fuel in our water and no filter will remove those
things. I was forced to buy bottled water then. I also didn't like the
looks of the water in NY so opted to buy bottled there. Yes, I know they
say NY water is the best but we were on a military base and did not have
municipal water. All bets are off there.

I don't really like filters. Too many times I have run across people who
did not change theirs when they should and that's even worse than plain
water. I am sure I would fall into that category of forgetting to change.
Heh.