Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gary Gary is offline

Default Bottled water- LOL

Whoever started the bottled water thing years ago was a genius. Fooled
the entire world into thinking that city water was bad, then charging
a fortune for bottled water.

I drink bottled water at work too but I fill my bottle from the tap
each morning. I do own a Britta water filter but I rarely bother. The
ferrets get more of that, just because it's fridge cold.

Here's a mention in my newspaper the other day for "Earth Day" on the
subject:
It's an exact quote, not my opinion, although I do agree.

--------------
Myth: Bottled water is better than tap.

Truth: Tap water is clean, safe, convenient, and affordable. Hampton
Roads drinking water (my area) is continuously tested and always meets
of exceeds EPA standards for safe drinking water. Price conscious? You
can fill 1,500 glasses of tap water for about the price of a single
bottle of water.

PS- my dentist also told me that city water that adds a nip of floride
cuts down the amount of cavities in patients very highly. People with
well water or always drinking bottled water have a higher amount of
cavities.

As Marty often says: Just sayin

G.