Posted to rec.food.cooking
Cheri[_3_] Cheri[_3_] is offline

Default Reminder: Amy's Baking Co./Kitchen Nightmares Tonight

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> On 4/12/2014 11:49 AM, jmcquown wrote:
>

>> I have basic cable, no DVR. Since buying a hi-def TV a few years ago, I
>> discovered I get more channels than the old analog set ever dreamed of.
>> LOL Sometimes I catch Planet Earth. It's truly spectacular. Especially
>> when you can see the images with such clarity. Great music, too.
>>
>> Jill

> There are a handful of No TV adherents that boast then never watch the
> rubbish that is on. I agree that the networks have a lot of rubudh but
> there are some wonderful programs if you take the time to seek them out.
> The clarity of a hi-def screen really adds to the viewing experience.

When I first got my HD DVR along with Directv, the clarity about knocked my
eyes out and took a bit to get used to it. It really does make a difference.
I do think the networks have some decent shows, but I also find that the
shows I enjoy the most are cable channels.

Cheri