Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Reminder: Amy's Baking Co./Kitchen Nightmares Tonight

On 4/12/2014 12:03 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 4/12/2014 11:49 AM, jmcquown wrote:
>

>> I have basic cable, no DVR. Since buying a hi-def TV a few years ago, I
>> discovered I get more channels than the old analog set ever dreamed of.
>> LOL Sometimes I catch Planet Earth. It's truly spectacular. Especially
>> when you can see the images with such clarity. Great music, too.
>>
>> Jill

> There are a handful of No TV adherents that boast then never watch the
> rubbish that is on. I agree that the networks have a lot of rubudh but
> there are some wonderful programs if you take the time to seek them out.

Sure there is rubbish. Most of the reality shows are rubbish, but
someone must be watching. But there are some fun shows on, too. Not
everything needs to be educational and PBS-ish to be entertaining.

I really enjoy Planet Earth when I catch it. Since the channel isn't
listed I never really know when it will be on.

> The clarity of a hi-def screen really adds to the viewing experience.

HD certainly does! My set isn't all that big. It's a 32" flat screen
(measured on the diagonal... lots of people don't know that's how to
measure screens/monitors.) The TV is the perfect size for the room. I
don't remember exactly what I paid for it but I know it wasn't much.

I know you remember when televisions used to be really expensive. They
were often huge heavy pieces of furniture. I don't miss that era one
iota.

Jill