Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] silverbeetle@charter.net is offline

Default Dream donut?

On Thursday, April 10, 2014 11:48:08 AM UTC-4, l not -l wrote:
> On 9-Apr-2014, "Christopher M." wrote:
>
> > What would be your ideal, dream donut?

> I've mentioned my dream donut here before; one that I had in Philadelphia
> many years ago. It was called Dutch Apple; jelly donut shell, filled with
> apple pie filling, thickly-topped with white icing that has been pressed
> into to crumb topping. Whenever I'm in a donut shop, I look for them; but,
> have never seen them again.

Ya know something? As much as I like good old Dunkin Donuts Boston Cremes (which I have exactly once a year, coming up at an annual event I host in early May), if you were standing on a street corner and holding up one of these, examining it as though you were Macbeth studying Yorick's skull, and I was anywhere nearby and knew what you had, I'd probably crash through whatever crowd there was, grab it right out of your hands, dash off down the street gibbering madly, and devour it by the time I reached the next corner.

So keep an eye out for me (two meanings there!) :-)

--
Silvar Beitel