Katra

Default Storing Fresh Green Beans

PENMART01 wrote:

> levelwuss writes:
> >
> >I just placed them in the fridge still in the produce bag from the
> >supermarket... not exactly air tight... Fresh Green Beans is something
> >fairly new to my diet...
> >

> You still haven't had a fresh green bean... if you bought em at a stupidmarket
> they ain't fresh.
>
> ---= BOYCOTT FRENCH--GERMAN (belgium) =---
> ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
> Sheldon
> ````````````

Sheldon actually has a good point here. ;-)

I grow green beans in the garden every single year as they are prolific,
easy to grow and there is nothing like cooking them the same morning
that you pick them off the vines!

My favorite are the yard long variety, and this year I grew a purple
variety that was quite good. There are a few of those left on the vines
right now, but I'm letting them go to seed for next springs planting.

I like to steam them lightly and serve with lemon butter, or sautee in
butter and olive oil with sesame seeds. :-)

>^,,^< Cats-haven Hobby Farm >^,,^< >^,,^<

"There are millions of intelligent species in the universe, and they are
all owned by cats" -- Asimov

Custom handcrafts, Sterling silver beaded jewelry
http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...s&userid=katra