Posted to rec.food.cooking
l not -l l not -l is offline

Default Do you have a favorite breakfast sausage?

On 12-Mar-2014, "Ophelia" > wrote:

> "Brooklyn1" > wrote in message
> > "l not -l" wrote:
> >>
> >>What pork breakfast sausage flavors do you like? Don't like?

> > I don't like breakfast sausage, all taste the same, skinny greasy
> > links redolent of sage, blech! Slim Jims are better than breakfast
> > sausage. Fried Spam slices are far better than any blechfest sausage.

> What makes it 'breakfast' sausage rather than any other sausage?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breakfast_sausage
"Breakfast sausage (or country sausage) is a type of fresh pork sausage
usually served at breakfast in the United States (and, under different names
and/or formulations, in Ireland, the United Kingdom, and other
English-speaking countries). It is a common breakfast item in traditional
American "farmer" or "country" breakfasts, as it originated as a way for
farmers to make use of as much of their livestock (usually pigs) as
possible."