Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default What exactly is 'home made'?

On Fri, 28 Feb 2014 13:52:06 -0800, gtr > wrote:

> Honestly, after hearing a number of people talking about mixing up a
> gallon of their home-made sauce and freezing it in quarts or whatever I
> seriously considered it. First I went looking for canned tomatoes,
> then began calculating costs, the amount of time needed to make it and
> suddenly a 2-buck jar of straight-up marinara began to be as easily
> selected a convenience as a loaf of French bread.

I know! They're making things taste more and more like home made
these days, so if you're lucky enough to find something you like that
has a list of ingredients you approve of or will be able to "live
with", then I say go for the convenience and expend your effort on the
rest of the meal... or take it easy for once - whatever attitude works
for you at the moment. I think the most nasty and critical among us
probably do the least amount of real cooking and take the most
shortcuts or else they would know when to keep their big fat yaps
shut.

--

Good Food.
Good Friends.