Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default have you made a homemade bouillon you've liked? Recipe plz....

On 2/23/2014 11:43 AM, sf wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Feb 2014 10:59:44 -0000, "Ophelia"
> > wrote:
>

>> "sf" > wrote in message
>>> On Sat, 22 Feb 2014 16:40:49 -0800 (PST), Kalmia

>>> This is a really good idea, Kalmia... but I've never made bouillon in
>>> my life.

> I take that back, I've made "court bouillon" which isn't salty at all
> and I've made stock so concentrated that it jelled when it cooled - so
> I guess I have.

I always cook stock (beef, chicken) down to the point where after being
chilled overnight and the fat skimmed off, it is gelatinous. I've never
called it boullion, though. Heat it up, it liquifies right back into
rich stock.

Jill