Posted to rec.food.cooking
Janet Bostwick Janet Bostwick is offline

Default have you made a homemade bouillon you've liked? Recipe plz....

On Sat, 22 Feb 2014 19:16:03 -0800, sf > wrote:

>On Sat, 22 Feb 2014 16:40:49 -0800 (PST), Kalmia
> wrote:
>
>> not too salty, please.

>This is a really good idea, Kalmia... but I've never made bouillon in
>my life. Looked at the internet and saw stuff I liked.
>
>I'd start with this simple one
>http://www.myrealfoodlife.com/home-m...ouillon-cubes/
>
>but if you want something more complex, try
>http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives...on-recipe.html
>and cut the salt by half or eliminate it entirely and add it per use.
>
>Bottom line: I think you will be able to make bouillon if you can make
>stock... because homemade bullion just seems to be a concentrated
>version of stock. I suppose you can make it more like the real thing
>if you have a dehydrator.

Ahhh, I discounted the 'cubes' as being what we can get in the store.
What you have shown is just what we get when we cook down our stock or
broth and store it away in little cups in the freezer. I didn't
realize it had been named.
Janet US