Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default "10 house rules for successful dining with kids"

On 2/21/2014 12:46 PM, sf wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Feb 2014 12:13:40 -0500, Nancy Young
> > wrote:
>
>> I've eaten in restaurants many times where there were plenty of
>> children but you wouldn't know it unless you looked around or
>> listened for little voices. Maybe sometimes a little crying,
>> like just the other day, but the parents don't let it go on and
>> escalate until everyone's annoyed.
>>
>> Obviously plenty of people are able to teach their children how
>> to act in public, it's not impossible.

> My DD has a favorite restaurant for breakfast and lunch that is a
> family friendly restaurant called Crepevine. The shift managers (and
> wait staff) are super friendly and make sure you have everything you
> need (like bendy straws and crayons) to keep a toddle corralled and
> happy while waiting for food to be delivered to the table.

Certainly there are restaurants that offer things like that. I worked
in one as a hostess. But if the crayons and paper placemats for
scribbling don't work, the onus is still on the father or mother to keep
their children as you said, "corralled".

Jill