Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default "10 house rules for successful dining with kids"

On 2014-02-19 6:56 PM, sf wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Feb 2014 16:33:35 -0500, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
>> Find a sitter, or take them to "Golden Corral" or some
>> other "family friendly" place. Restaurants aren't training grounds.

> I posted it to FB and one of my child-free friends replied: Once when
> in Switzerland, we went to a 5 star restaurant, was so good we went
> back... in comes Swiss parents with 3 kids, one age 3, one age 5 and a
> baby.... NEVER HEARD A PEEP out of those children.... and I was ready
> to bolt!

I was once in hotel bar in Switzerland and getting a kick out of the
characters at the next table. It looked like the cast from Heidi. We had
been there for about an hour before a dog fight broke out at their
table. It turned out that there had been a Dachshund and a St.Bernard
under the table. I had no idea that they were even there until the fight
broke out. It only last a few seconds and then everything returned to
normal.

FWIW... it was in Walter Mitters Hotel in Gimmelward. It was about 10
years later that it was featured in Ricks Steves show.