Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bryan-TGWWW Bryan-TGWWW is offline

Default Justin Wilson's Macaroni & Cheese

On Saturday, February 15, 2014 10:25:53 AM UTC-6, wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Feb 2014 08:08:08 -0800 (PST), Bryan-TGWWW
>
> > wrote:

> >> Poor woman

> >Yeah. I mean who'd want to be kissed awake nearly every morning? Oh,

> >and be brought a steaming cup of cafe au lait, and then a refill? This

> >morning I fresh squeezed her tangerine juice, then made her a scramble with fresh mushrooms sauteed in butter, eggs and cheddar cheese. Gotta suck to

> >be her, doesn't it?

> >And God, all the full body massages. What woman would want that? You

> >should consider yourself very fortunate not having to put up with a guy

> >who'd rather spend a half hour kissing your feet, than something normal

> >like watching sports.

> >I adore her, and I'm so glad that she's willing to put up with all of

> >the above.

> >--B

> Puke - sounds like you are a total groveller -

A lot of women really would feel that way. I am a bit over the top, but
I make the effort not to give her unwanted attention. Luckily, little
is unwanted. When I was younger, I was a bit more traditionally
masculine/male dominant, but relationships evolve, and she accepts that I
really derive more life satisfaction from my devotion to her than from
anything else. I'm not a groveler in any sense, but I'd accept doter.

> I still feel she deserves pity having your around.

She loves having me around. If the book is successful money-wise, she
wants me to be a full time writer because she loves having me around.
She said exactly that a few hours ago.

I'm not perfect though. If you asked her if there was anything she'd
change about me if she had a magic wand, there is 100% certainty that
she would wish that I drank less or no beer.

> If it is all that wonderful, how come it took all those years to
> produce one kid and that's all lol

It was by choice. First she was in college, then she was in graduate
school. Then I was kind of half-assed doing college, while working
full time, and we were having a great time. If you are suggesting that the lack of children implies "trouble in Candyland," I might remind you of the
existence of oral contraceptives.

We had been married for 12 years when we stopped using birth control,
and after one miscarriage, my son was born when we'd been married 15
years. When he was 3 we asked him if he'd like a little brother or sister,
and he said, "No." The pregnancy had been not without complications, and
my son's preference was the deciding factor, so it was vasectomy time.

I think I've answered your questions adequately.

--B