Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default TN: on a hot streak- 5 wines I like (Corsica, Burgundy, Mosel,Piedmont, and Loire)

On Monday, February 3, 2014 3:52:56 PM UTC-5, James Silverton wrote:

> I know you said "interfaith" but do Sufis drink wine?

With one sect being the exception, the Sufis who regard themselves as *primarily* Islamic don't drink alcohol.
But Betsy has been involved with the Sufi Order of the West aka Universal Sufism, the group (well, groups) was founded by Hazrat Inayat Khan. Some refer to them as "Neo-Sufis" and they are open to all religions. I think they don't allow alcohol as say the Abode, but not really about proscriptions on personal behavior.
Lots of Rumi poems about wine.