Posted to rec.food.cooking
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default False conceptions of what other countries eat.

Brooklyn1 wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> projektilevomitchick wrote:
> > Alan Holbrook wrote:
> >>
> >> To your point, I have a great deal of trouble taking most

> "Mexican" food >> seriously after being directed to a couple of
> authentic places in San >> Diego
> >
> > Yes, I tried to point that out before, but was told by the Squartz
> > that I don't know anything about the Mexicans that make up over 50%
> > of the population of where I live, even though he lives 800 to the
> > south of me and does not know me other than on shitty Usenet.
> > Now I see he is asserting (in another thread, and no I'm not going
> > to go look it up, do it yourself) that Mexicans put out nacho
> > cheese with their horrible "chips" in Mexican restaurants, and that
> > is supposed to be an "upgrade"....LOL....I really wonder about the
> > sanity of people on here. But I digress.
> > Whatever.
> > I think Julie Bove and Sqwertz and Bwwwwwwyyyyyyannnnnnnnn have
> > lost a grip on reality.

> I lived in San Diego for a couple years, there is NO Mexican food
> there... NO border food is Mexican food... Mexican's do NOT eat that
> Taco Bellish shit. Mexico is a huge country, there is no one Mexican
> cusine, but they simply do NOT eat tacos, nachos, chili, burritos, and
> that ilk... then you may as well say US Chinese take-out is authentic
> Chinese cusine. Julie Bove, Sqwertz, and Bwrrryan haven't the
> slightest clue what Mexicans eat... there is NO Mexican food in all of
> Texass, NONE! Mexicans don't even eat refried beans, they never
> heard of such crap. I've been all through Mexico, regular folks there
> mostly eat a lot eggs, chicken, and they eat a LOT of seafood and a
> tremendous quantity of fresh veggies and fruit. Mexicans don't eat
> anything resembling what Americans think is Mexican food.

Oh give it a rest. You wouldnt know Mexican food if it was served to
you on a silver plate.

It is a big country. It's versions are as endless as ours are. Like
most great things, you get fusion across the borders and you have Baja
Mexico in San Diego. Did you expect to see southerly versions made
near Panama in TJ?

Sure they eat lots of fruits in season and other things at season.
Folks along the coast use lots of fish/seafood too traditionally.

Carol