Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default Pavlova - a WIP

In article >,
Janet Bostwick > wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Jan 2014 13:23:51 -0600, Janet Wilder >
> wrote:
>
> >On 1/23/2014 10:04 PM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> >> I used a recipe from the Edmonds Cookbook as advised by a New Zealand
> >> friend. Beating the meringue was not the familiar way for me -- in this
> >> recipe the egg whites and sugar and beated together from the get-go. I
> >> will be curious to see if it has the characteristic soft interior a pav
> >> is supposed to have. Stay tuned. Now I gotta find someone who'll eat
> >> it!
> >>

> >Me! Me! Me!

> Wait a minute! Did you hear what the temps are up there? Careful,
> woman.
> Janet US

Oh, GOD!! We've already been through the wringer (Beck said the kids
are likely to be in school until July, making up days lost to weather)
and there's more of this sh** coming tonight -- the cold weather sh**.
The white shovelable sh** came overnight. Why I'm not in the Caribbean
is a damned mystery to me!
--
Barb,
http://www.barbschaller.com, as of April 8, 2013.