Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default TN: Haut-Medoc, Burgundy, and Rueda

Monday with skirt steak with roasted zucchini, a ˝ bottle of 2002 Sociando-Mallet. Drinking well from 375, some fine tannins, medium bodied with black fruits and a light herbal note. Pleasant if not exciting. B

With some sauteed orange roughy (neglected to check sustainability charts!) over cabbage and white beans, the 2012 Ermita de Nieve Verdejo (Rueda) . Grapefruit (actually reminds me a bit of Fresca, the only soft drink I really like), herb, mineral. Crisp, lean without being thin, bright. Excellent value. B+/B

Last night was a barley/mushroom “risotto” with pan roasted asparagus topped with an egg (a David Chang 5 minute and 10 second egg no less, how’s that for precision?)
2010 Roche de Bellene Bourgogne. Raspberry and cranberry, bright acids, light to medium bodied with a good finish for level. Nice with the food. B

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice.Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.