Posted to rec.food.cooking
Janet Bostwick Janet Bostwick is offline

Default Pavlova

On Wed, 22 Jan 2014 08:58:29 +0200, ChattyCathy
> wrote:

>On Wed, 22 Jan 2014 00:10:34 +0000, Janet wrote:
>

>> Holy shit, what is meringue powder?

>Yeah, I've never heard of it either - and thought maybe somebody was
>pulling a leg or two here... but after the Worcestershire sauce powder,
>nothing would surprise me.
>
>Another thing that I'll pass on is that 'egg beater' stuff. I know some
>folks like it, but it kinda reminds me of army rations or the some like.

Meringue powder is what is used by bakeries everywhere. It's used in
the boxed angel food cake mixes. I don't think you would find it on
your supermarket shelf, but maybe. A fairly easy to get item.
Definitely could be found in a cake bakers supply shop. I've never
used it, but I have noticed it offered many places -- Amazon, King
Arthur,
Janet US