Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Cornbread etc

On Sun, 19 Jan 2014 21:33:46 -0000, "Ophelia"
> wrote:
>

> "sf" > wrote in message
> > On Sun, 19 Jan 2014 20:15:19 GMT, "l not -l" > wrote:
> >
> >> I admit that, to date, I have not had the need for self-rising
> >> cornmeal.
> >>

> > Me either, but I can't say I've ever seen self-rising cornmeal in the
> > grocery store either. I downloaded the kindle version to my cloud
> > reader and see that it must be another typically Southern ingredient
> > that we don't find elsewhere very often, because she talks about
> > "smuggling" it into Pennsylvania when she "lived up North".

> I haven't read much of it yet. I only got it a few hours ago and have only
> looked through the recipes. What do you think of it in general?

I downloaded it because you mentioned it, but I've been "otherwise
occupied" today to now and haven't gotten any further.

BTW: The price for that Kindle book was " right", so I put it on my
cloud version of Kindle! Thank you for mentioning it. I am not good
about perusing the Kindle "deals" that come in daily.

Hope you still have that cornbread recipe I gave you, because it's
really delicious. I also have a cake recipe that calls for a
combination of cornmeal and flour, but I've ended up making something
else the last two times I thought I'd make it - so I can't vouch for
it yet.

--

Good Food.
Good Friends.