Posted to rec.food.cooking
DreadfulBitch DreadfulBitch is offline

Default False conceptions of what other countries eat.

The only time I've been (mildly) surprised was when I was traveling
through Germany in 2006. We found a charming little restaurant with
outside sitting. I was very surprised to find a mozzarella cheese and
tomato salad on the menu and ordered it. It was the best I have ever
eaten! It may very well have been the ambiance of the place (an old
part of town - don't remember the town right now - our small table on
the cobblestones of the large open square - a great people watching place.)

I hadn't given it much thought until that evening, but that type of
salad in Germany just surprised me. That it was so amazingly good was
another surprise!

FTR I never had a bad meal during my almost 2 weeks in Germany, Austria
and Italy.

--
DreadfulBitch

I intend to live forever....so far, so good.
......Steven Wright