Posted to rec.food.cooking
Helpful person Helpful person is offline

Default OT Water Heater Help!

On Monday, January 13, 2014 10:08:01 AM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:

> I don't think any part of it is electric. It's a gas water heater. And no
> rodents currently that I know of. Terminex is coming in a few days though.
> We have had rats. They used to come monthly but no activity for several
> years so they only come every three months now.

I'm not too familiar with water heaters, however I wouldn't be too quick to
rule out an electric cause for the problem. The control box may be turning
off the pilot light, part of a modern safety feature. This may also
explain way it gets more and more difficult to relight. Your plumber will
know.

http://www.richardfisher.com