Posted to rec.food.cooking
Leonard Blaisdell[_2_] Leonard Blaisdell[_2_] is offline

Default Cleaning Cast Iron with Flax Oil

In article >,
> wrote:

> Between uses, I'm finding that a initial scrub in water (no soap) using
> chain mail scrubbers gets off any big pieces.

I've used and abused black iron pans nearly all my life. I find that
cleaning them is easiest with a non soapy rag, hot running water and
the pan fresh off the fire or hot out of the oven. Don't dilly dally.
Use a oven mitt and clean it right after food removal before doing
anything else at all. Seasoning stays put unless you use it for acidic
foods like tomatoes.

leo