Posted to rec.food.cooking
Steve Freides[_2_] Steve Freides[_2_] is offline

Default Jon Favreau film ˇ§Chefˇ¨ premiering at SXSW Film

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Jan 2014 22:15:12 -0500, Steve Freides wrote:
>
>> Sqwertz wrote:

>>> That describes about 1,100 other people in Austin to date.

>> 1,100 people who also make films they wrote, directed, and starred
>> in, or 1,100 people who lose their restaurant job and open a food
>> truck?

> I am of course referring to the last thing I quoted. It just seems
> appropriate to air it in Austin - one of the first cities to host the
> recent wave of the food truck craze.

I had no idea there was a food truck craze anywhere. When I was a
student at Temple University in Philadelphia in the 1970's, the street
were lined with food trucks and most of it was very good. A musician
friend of mine opened a restaurant at the University of Pennsylvania
campus in West Philly - his father had been in the restaurant business,
and he's now a big success and has been so since then. I drove the
school bus to the welders to get the seats removed and some tables put
in. Le Bus for those of you in Philly.

-S-