Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default What's for Christmas Dinner?

Todd > wrote:
: On 12/23/2013 11:23 AM, KROM wrote:
: > I wasn?t calling for Jews to celebrate with Christians..I was inviting
: > friends to eat..period.

: That is what I was getting at too. What did you think I meant?
: Ambush them with holy water? I was only talking about the
: secular portion. You are celebrating, have lots of food,
: your friends of another faith are not, invite them in. Pig
: out together. Watch the Packers lose (again). No proselytizing
: involved -- just friendship. Would you really want your friends
: to be alone on Christmas?
You are celebrating something that has caused a great deal of pain to Jews
over the millenia. We really don't want to share your holiday, bt, at
this time, some 70 or so years after the hend of the Holocaust, we are
happy you are enjoying your holiday, with all its religious and secular
aspects, but do let us enjoy our own and we can have nice and happy meals
together on totally secular dys and on occasions like the US thanksgiving
which really is clelebrated as E Pluribus Unem with a central turkey adn
side dishes form many of the cultures that have become part of the US over
the centuries.

New Years eve and Day are also time we can celebrate together or even just
a Monday night in january when it is dark early and cold, so good
companionship adn shared food and drink woudl be welcome.

Wendy