Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default garlic and/or black pepper?

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> "Gus" > wrote in message
>> > Does garlic go with black pepper, or is it an either/or situation? I
>> > was
>> > making some soup that called for black pepper, but wanted to add garlic
>> > too. Just a basic potato soup, which starts out as mashed potatoes and
>> > then I use some of the mashed potatoes to make soup. Btw, you can
>> > freeze
>> > soup-- can you freeze mashed potatoes you are going to use for soup?

>> I don't want to be rude, but are you for real??

> LMAO! I just read his post before I read your response here. I was
> wondering the same thing. WTH kind of dumb questions were those?
>
> G. ;-)

There is this woman on a food allergy forum who always drives me nuts.
Always posts similar things. Is ____ cheese safe for those of us with a
peanut allergy? I bought some but am now afraid to eat it!

I always picture this woman wasting away to nothing, cowering in fear with a
table full of foods and not being able to bring herself to try them. And if
she didn't think something was safe, then why did she buy it to begin with?

She lives in the US too and these days the labels are pretty clear.