Posted to rec.food.cooking
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default garlic and/or black pepper?

On Wed, 18 Dec 2013 20:53:24 GMT, (Cindy Hamilton)
wrote:

>In article >, Gus > wrote:
>>"Cindy Hamilton" > wrote in message
>>
>>> Actually, garlic does go with peanut butter. Two preps come to mind.
>>>
>>> My recipe for cold sesame noodles has peanut butter in it (and plenty
>>> of garlic)--an American substitution for sesame paste that I've
>>> come to enjoy.

>>I am not yet up to novice... Thai food has quite a bit of garlic
>>doesn't it? And peanut sauces. So garlic with peanut sauce makes
>>sense. I love pad Thai but never attempted to make it... I was
>>thinking a peanut butter sandwich with garlic. It crossed my mind
>>before posting maybe that would be good, but decided it sounded odd. I
>>will have to try it sometime now.

>I think peanut butter and garlic need a few more things to bring
>them together happily.

I think the garlic needs to be sauted a bit and then blended with the
peanut butter, but I don't think it would go well with bread... would
probably go well as a dip for crudites, or schmeared on stir fried
chicken... I'd add a few more ingredients; ginger, soy sauce, white
pepper, what else, duck sauce?