Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gus[_3_] Gus[_3_] is offline

Default garlic and/or black pepper?

"Cindy Hamilton" > wrote in message
.. .
> I think peanut butter and garlic need a few more things to bring
> them together happily. Much as I love Asian foods that combine
> peanuts and garlic, I think I'll stick with strawberry jam on my
> peanut butter sandwich.

> Simmer until the vegetables are as cooked as much as you like them.
> I don't like mushy vegetables, so I don't cook them all that long.
> I often add the cauliflower when the other veggies are done, and just
> let it kind of heat through in the residual heat of the rest of the
> soup.
>
> Cindy Hamilton
> --

Thanks. Unfortunately, or fortunately-- depending on your opinion-- I'm
vegetarian. One reason I would like to cook more. Especially soups, so
many people put meat or meat broth in soup. Even a lot of vegetables
soups have meat in them. And this house gets so cold, soup is becoming
one of my staples.

I can't stomach lima beans. I try once every decade and just can't eat
them.

I bought a Mrs Dash couple years ago, but think I have lost my taste for
that and prefer just garlic or black pepper etc. Or curry, I like
curry. I like hot/spicy.