Posted to rec.food.cooking
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default bouillabaisse for one

On Sun, 15 Dec 2013 09:27:17 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 12/14/2013 10:50 PM, Sqwertz wrote:

>>> Hmmmm. Despite some people's apparent disbelief, I couldn't eat a pound
>>> of mussels in a bowl of soup!

>> A pound of mussels is only about 1/3rd lb of meat (on a good day).
>> Its mostly shell and liquor.
>>
>> -sw
>>

>True, but as I mentioned to Dave, picking the meat out of mussel shells
>from a bowl of soup also sounds terribly messy.

So then you've never actually eaten mussels... eating mussels is
no more messy than eating shrimp or chicken... in fact eating mussles
is not messy at all, the shells pop open and the meat practically
falls out on its own... you don't need to touch them other than with
your fork... you do use silverware?