Old 09-12-2013, 06:10 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
Janet Bostwick Janet Bostwick is offline

Default Poblano peppers

On Sun, 8 Dec 2013 23:14:04 -0600, Sqwertz
wrote:

On Sun, 08 Dec 2013 15:43:31 -0600, zxcvbob wrote:

I was chopping and mixing everything, and I ate a piece of
poblano. It was hot, almost like a jalapeņo.

Poblanos (incorrectly called Pasillas in Northern CA) can vary greatly
in heat, even within the same batch. As you've found out. They can
range in heat from anywhere between a green pepper (capsicum) up to a
mild regular jalapeno (not those mutant heatless ones).

-sw

I was very careless with a couple of them a couple of weeks ago. It
took 8-10 hours for my hands to stop burning. That was nothing like
my previous experience with Poblano peppers. I generally buy them for
flavor, not heat.
Janet US