Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Carving Knife

On 12/7/2013 1:55 AM, gtr wrote:
> On 2013-12-07 05:35:33 +0000, jmcquown said:
>
>>> No, I haven't. The thing about refusing to sing is really a statement
>>> about their personal fears, about hyper-sensitivity about exposing
>>> themselves to criticism.

>> Or they just can't sing, they *know* they can't sing...

> Everybody can sing. I think you're talking about "good" and "bad"
> singing, but I'm not.

Let's put it this way... when my SO tries to sing to get me identify a
song, he's way off key. No one wants to hear that. Really and truly.
Those are the folks who do Karaoke.

>> ...and find no reason why they should subject themselves to
>> humiliation or criticism by trying to sing.

> We're in agreement: They're worried about humilation and criticism. I
> don't want to be with timid souls so worried about humiliation and
> criticism, they can't open up their mouth and sing.

We are not in agreement. I had to try out for music class when I was a
child. It was embarrassing. I happen to have a good voice and good
pitch. But I hate singing in front of people. I'm sure as heck not
going to *audition* like that for a relationship. That's just silly.

I sing when I feel like singing. Not on command.

Jill

Jill