Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Electrical Problem (Kinda OT, maybe)

On 2013-11-27 12:51 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> Home warranty works like this. You pay the warranty company money. If
> something breaks, they spend as little as possible to get things working
> again and keep the rest of the money. Put that $500 a year into a
> saving account and you can handle just about anything needed around the
> house.

In Jill's case it seems that she pays the premiums and when there is a
problem they do nothing. FWIW, last year I had a problem with the 220
line to my kitchen range. I called an electrician who a friend had
recommended. He was working on a a job nearby and came by when he was
done there. He found the and fixed the problem, checked for other issues
charged me only $60 cash. A plumber charges $95 just to show up.