Posted to rec.food.cooking
Cheryl[_3_] Cheryl[_3_] is offline

Default Electrical Problem (Kinda OT, maybe)

On 11/26/2013 8:23 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> Just venting a bit. Ignore at will.
>
> A couple of months ago one of the breakers on the main electrical box
> tripped. I thought I'd reset it but it took several tries before it
> actually "took".
>
> This particular circuit controls (oddly) the overhead lights in the
> master bathroom where the tub and toilet are AND all the electrical
> outlets in the garage. Where the freezer is. That last time this
> happened I finally got it reset. <whew> In the meantime, I'd moved as
> much frozen food into the freezer in the side-by-side fridge as I could
> fit. I stored some things in the neighbor's freezer.
>
> This time, I've moved what I can fit to the fridge/freezer already.
> Because this time, that breaker absolutely will *not* reset. I've tried
> at least 20 times now. I think the breaker switch itself needs to be
> replaced.
>
> I've got a home warranty so I put in a service request. And left a
> message with the electricians they have a contract with. Here we are,
> two days before Thanksgiving. Even if I'm not cooking for company I
> stand to lose a goodly amount of food. I sure hope they can get someone
> out here tomorrow. I *know* this electrical company isn't going to be
> working on Thanksgiving. Possibly not even the day after. If they
> can't get to it tomorrow I'll be hunting down an electrican who can. I'm
> not sure I'll be able to find one.
>
> The good news is, I procrastinated about going to the grocery store
> yesterday. And today it was raining like mad. I'm not fond of
> at least I won't lose as much food as I might if I'd already gone to
> Publix.
>
> Jill

I hate having electrical problems. I have an outside outlet plus some
motion sensor lights that aren't working and of course my brother says
don't call an electrician, that he'll come fix it. Well, a month later,
no fix. lol I won't bug him about it even though he offered. I'm just
going to call an electrician. Some of the motion sensor light light up
my driveway when I come home so I hate coming home to a dark driveway.
It will be fixed very soon one way or the other, but likely the way that
will cost me.

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.