Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Electrical Problem (Kinda OT, maybe)

Just venting a bit. Ignore at will.

A couple of months ago one of the breakers on the main electrical box
tripped. I thought I'd reset it but it took several tries before it
actually "took".

This particular circuit controls (oddly) the overhead lights in the
master bathroom where the tub and toilet are AND all the electrical
outlets in the garage. Where the freezer is. That last time this
happened I finally got it reset. <whew> In the meantime, I'd moved as
much frozen food into the freezer in the side-by-side fridge as I could
fit. I stored some things in the neighbor's freezer.

This time, I've moved what I can fit to the fridge/freezer already.
Because this time, that breaker absolutely will *not* reset. I've tried
at least 20 times now. I think the breaker switch itself needs to be
replaced.

I've got a home warranty so I put in a service request. And left a
message with the electricians they have a contract with. Here we are,
two days before Thanksgiving. Even if I'm not cooking for company I
stand to lose a goodly amount of food. I sure hope they can get someone
out here tomorrow. I *know* this electrical company isn't going to be
working on Thanksgiving. Possibly not even the day after. If they
can't get to it tomorrow I'll be hunting down an electrican who can.
I'm not sure I'll be able to find one.

The good news is, I procrastinated about going to the grocery store
yesterday. And today it was raining like mad. I'm not fond of
at least I won't lose as much food as I might if I'd already gone to
Publix.

Jill