Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default What are your turkey spices?

Todd > wrote:
: On 11/22/2013 05:09 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:
: > On 11/22/2013 12:25 PM, Todd wrote:
: >> Hi All,
: >>
: >> Mine are
: >> -T
: >>
: >> ya'all getting ready for the Gran Prix of all cooking days?
: >>
: >> Hoping I can find some asparagus!
: >>
: >
: > Granulated garlic, black pepper, Bell's Seasoning and paprika.

: Hi Janet,

: I keep seeing paprika in seasoning mixes. Are you shooting
: for a bar-b-que flavor?

: Bell's Ingredients:
: Rosemary, Oregano, Sage, Ginger, Marjoram, Thyme, and Pepper.

: Marjoram (which I hate) and Ginger. I wonder is the Marjoram
: synergies with the other spices to come up with something
: I would like. Fascinating!

: I wonder what would happen if I added a bit of paprika to
: my mix?

: Thank you for sharing!

: -T

Unless you use either hot or smoked paprica addign it toanything mostly
will turn it redder but not add much taste.

Bells is a nice combination and makes the job easier. also try getting
turkey parts with the skin on rather than cutlets which are rather dull
and require all that frying. You can get drumsticks, wings thighs, bottom
quatrters breasts, half breasts, with and without bones. I prefer with
bones as it adds flavor to the meat and keeps is from getting too dry.
Left-over carcase bones add to soups too.

As a single person I sometimes buy turkey parts during the
non-thanksgiving time of theyear adn have roast turkey by seasonng it up
like my thanksgiving bird and enjoying a half breas or a few drumsticks or
a thigh for a few days of nice eating.

Wendy