HiTech RedNeck

Default IN PRAISE OF THE ELECTRIC STOVE

"Pennyaline" > wrote in
message ...

> You know when a gas burner is on. You know when it's off. Adjust the flame
> to fit the pan, rather than stick your pan on one of the limited selection
> of sizes for electric heat source available.

I see this mantra all the time, "with a gas stove you can adjust flame to
fit pan." In truth I have never seen a household type stove that can do
this. If it really could, that would be a neat feature, like a little
slider that you can move to make the ring of gas ports change in width with
infinite adjustability in between its extremes. I have heard of commercial
stoves that let you choose from two different size arrays of gas ports at
the same burner position

Anyhow, if you set the gas high enough that the flame really "fits" a large
pan, you have too much heat for most things.