Vox Humana

Default Hepatitis from green onions

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> Vox Humana wrote:
>
> > While it is possible, I doubt that was the case unless the restaurant

had
> > the onions trucked in especially for themselves. Don't most grocery

stores
> > and restaurants get their produce from a few local produce wholesalers?

If
> > so, then I would think that other people would be getting sick from food

in
> > other restaurants or from their local grocery bought produce. I suspect
> > that the food was contaminated from someone in the restaurant's kitchen.
> > Probably from someone with a subclinical case of hepatitis A.

> Excellent point. I doubt a large chain like that would be buying
> produce from some guy with a truck. There would be sick people
> in other restaurants, as you say.
>
> I'm sure the authorities are testing the employees. And checking
> for soap in the bathrooms, do their employees wash their hands,
> or wear gloves? What's going on in that kitchen.

I heard on the news today that several of the kitchen staff have tested
positive for Hep. A. Of course they probably got infected the same way the
patrons got infected -- from eating the food. Still, I bet that one person
infected some food at the restaurant and it spread from there.