Posted to rec.food.cooking
Janet Bostwick Janet Bostwick is offline

Default storing herb/spices in the refrigerator

On Sun, 17 Nov 2013 04:54:50 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>sf wrote:
>>
>> Doris Night wrote:
>> > You can always slap a piece of masking tape on the jar and write
>> > "olives" on it.
>> >

>> I procrastinated and missed a great sale on a labeler at Office Depot
>> or some place like that just a few days ago. I guess what stopped me
>> was the tape cost as much as the label maker did.

>Small rectangular labels from the office section work well and are
>inexpensive. I use them for labeling freezer things. You write on
>them, then peel off the sheet and stick on the container.
>
>G.

I have a roll of that easy-off masking tape in the kitchen. I peel
off a piece and turn one edge under. Stick it on whatever and label
with a sharpie. The turned under edge gives me a gripping edge when
it comes time to peel it off.
Janet US