Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default storing herb/spices in the refrigerator

On 11/16/2013 11:44 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> Kalmia wrote:
>> Brooklyn1 wrote:
>>>
>>> I buy in large quantities for the price break and so I don't need to
>>> buy so often, and store them in my freezer, from which I fill the
>>> small bottles in my pantry. Penzeys ships spices in very nice mylar
>>> type zip-locs, they take very little freezer space.

>> Hey - my local health food store now carried Penzeys - no more ordering an waiting.
>> Check YOURS out soon. I was surprised Penzey's would use another retailer.

> Perhaps they're buying Penzey's products direct the ame as any other
> customer and selling them at a profit... did you compare your health
> food store's prices with the prices in a Penzeys catalog?

Or perhaps Penzey's has entered into a resale agreement with the health
food store.

> I don't find it at all inconvenient to order Penzeys products from
> their catalog (easier than going to a store, and probably fresher and
> I don't need to settle on size or deal with no stock) and shipping is
> quick, besides, I don't wait to run out before ordering.

Penzey's is one of the things I miss about living in TN. They opened a
Penzey's in Germantown a couple of years before I moved. What a great
store! Just walking in the door the place smells fantastic!

I, too, buy those bags of Penzey's herbs & spices. I stack them in the
freezer and use them to replenish the jars. They keep for a very long
time that way.

Jill