Posted to rec.food.cooking
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default storing herb/spices in the refrigerator

Kalmia wrote:
>Brooklyn1 wrote:
>>
>> I buy in large quantities for the price break and so I don't need to
>> buy so often, and store them in my freezer, from which I fill the
>> small bottles in my pantry. Penzeys ships spices in very nice mylar
>> type zip-locs, they take very little freezer space.

>Hey - my local health food store now carried Penzeys - no more ordering an waiting.
>Check YOURS out soon. I was surprised Penzey's would use another retailer.

Perhaps they're buying Penzey's products direct the ame as any other
customer and selling them at a profit... did you compare your health
food store's prices with the prices in a Penzeys catalog?

I don't find it at all inconvenient to order Penzeys products from
their catalog (easier than going to a store, and probably fresher and
I don't need to settle on size or deal with no stock) and shipping is
quick, besides, I don't wait to run out before ordering.