Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default storing herb/spices in the refrigerator

"Kalmia" > wrote in message
>- the lazy Susan idea
>>
>> works very well for me in my cupboards, so I see no reason why it
>>
>> wouldn't work in my refrigerator too.

>> Put a lazy Susan in your refrigerator too!

> I have an LS in my fridge but it's just to keep tabs on the dairy stuff.
> I am forever trying to find the cott cheese, sour cream, butter and plain
> yogurt.

My mom has a dairy drawer in hers!

In NY, I had a two bin unit where it had little shelf/drawer things that
slid out. Was great for fairly flat things like packages of cheese, butter,
etc. But did not work in my side by side. This fridge could really use
another shelf. I could easily move the top one up another 6" because we
never have any really tall things. But due to the design there is no way to
move it up any more. As a result, we wind up stacking a lot of things that
probably shouldn't be stacked.

I also dislike giant containers. I realized I had made a mistake when I
bought the much cheaper but much larger container of margarine. It had
gotten down to about 1/4 full. I finally just transferred it to a
Rubbermaid container. I also know that I will run into trouble with the
jars of olives from Costco. You eat almost all of the food but the giant
container is still in there. I don't save jars either. So I have nothing
smaller to put it in, unless it is a canning jar But then you don't have
the label and such.