Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default storing herb/spices in the refrigerator

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 14 Nov 2013 23:43:49 -0500, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
>> On 11/14/2013 11:37 PM, sf wrote:
>> >
>> > I keep far more "seasonings" in my refrigerator than the average
>> > poster to RFC does, but for other everyone else - the lazy Susan idea
>> > works very well for me in my cupboards, so I see no reason why it
>> > wouldn't work in my refrigerator too.
>> >
>> > Put a lazy Susan in your refrigerator too!
>> >

>> That must be one big refrigerator.
>>

> Actually not big at all and they take up a lot of space. I just ask
> myself what I want to do more - replace herbs and spices yearly or
> shop like a metro (or town center) European? I choose shopping more
> often for things I use immediately.

I don't replace most of mine yearly. Most do come with expiration dates on
them now. For those things I only use occasionally and in small amounts, I
try to buy them in small quantities. If I use a lot of something, I usually
go to Costco or American Spice.