Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default storing herb/spices in the refrigerator

On Thu, 14 Nov 2013 23:46:15 -0600, "Polly Esther"
> wrote:

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> >
> > "sf" > wrote in message
> > news
> >>
> >> I keep far more "seasonings" in my refrigerator than the average
> >> poster to RFC does, but for other everyone else - the lazy Susan idea
> >> works very well for me in my cupboards, so I see no reason why it
> >> wouldn't work in my refrigerator too.
> >>
> >> Put a lazy Susan in your refrigerator too!
> >>

> > I did try that. Was nothing but a big waste of space. And there is no
> > way I would refrigerate spices. They're not meant to be refrigerated!

> I keep many spices on the top shelf door of our refrigerator. Stuff I hardly
> every use. Well. Stuff I frequently use. The totally dumbest thing I note in
> 'decorator' kitchen design is keeping them above or beside the stove top.
> Polly

You've probably noticed that the things you don't use very often stay
fresh for years in the refrigerator when they would have been stale in
a cupboard is a year or less. <shrug> I think I use more than at
least 95% of the posters here (I can think of two who use as much or
more variety).

Knowing how lazy susans work in my cupboard, I think it's a smart way
to store them in the refrigerator too