bigwheel bigwheel is offline
Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf[_9_] View Post
I'm planning to make this recipe pretty much as written later this
week. I may change the cream from heavy to half & half, but maybe
not. What I'm going to change is the chili. I've never tasted chile
de arbol, don't have much interest in seeking it out just to make this
recipe and think crushed red chili peppers (the kind you put on pizza)
are useless for anything but heat - so I'm thinking I'll substitute
Aleppo pepper. Is there any reason to assume it would be a mistake?

Rigatoni and Roasted Delicata Squash

1 delicata squash (about 1 pound)
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
½ teaspoon kosher salt
2 shallots, peeled, halved and sliced lengthwise
1 garlic clove crushed
1 dried chile de arbol, crumbled, or 1 teaspoon crushed red chili
flakes (Aleppo?)
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
½ pound mezzi rigatoni or rigatoni
¼ cup heavy cream
¼ cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
Fresh washed baby greens, such as spinach, kale or arugula

rigatoni and roasted delicata squash |familystylefood|recipe

TIA

Never bumped into an Allepo pepper but as the other person said de arbols tend to be fairy hottish. Sure you could sub anything similar including a little crushed red pepper flakes.