Nancy Young

Default Hepatitis from green onions

Vox Humana wrote:

> While it is possible, I doubt that was the case unless the restaurant had
> the onions trucked in especially for themselves. Don't most grocery stores
> and restaurants get their produce from a few local produce wholesalers? If
> so, then I would think that other people would be getting sick from food in
> other restaurants or from their local grocery bought produce. I suspect
> that the food was contaminated from someone in the restaurant's kitchen.
> Probably from someone with a subclinical case of hepatitis A.

Excellent point. I doubt a large chain like that would be buying
produce from some guy with a truck. There would be sick people
in other restaurants, as you say.

I'm sure the authorities are testing the employees. And checking
for soap in the bathrooms, do their employees wash their hands,
or wear gloves? What's going on in that kitchen.

nancy