Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Krispy Kreme waffles

On 2013-11-03 4:30 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> That could be. If you have crappy water and poor brewing methods it
> won't be the same. Most people though, just like the convenience of
> waiting in line for 10 minutes at the drive up instead of taking 6
> minutes to make their own.

It's part of their live long refusal to believe that they live in
denial. The restaurants have drive thru windows so you don't have to
get out of your car and go in to get your food and stand in line with
the rabble. Instead, they like to delude themselves into thinking that
the drive thru is there for their personal convenience and that there
will not be a huge line up when they scoot in there at peak periods.

I rarely use drive thru windows. I am more likely to go in and order at
the counter, which is usually faster. I realized a long time ago that
the real reason for the drive thru is that they can sell their food
without having to provide a larger lot with more parking spaces, a
larger building with more tables, and more staff to clean the extra
floor space and tables. It amazes me that people can delude themselves
into thinking it constitutes better service.