Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Krispy Kreme waffles

On 11/3/2013 1:11 PM, sf wrote:
> On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 01:22:03 -0500, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
>> They opened a Dunkin' Donuts in Beaufort in 2010. Some of the folks I
>> worked with were thrilled. You know how some people love the coffee at
>> McD's? These folks would drive out of their way to pick up a cup of
>> coffee from Dunkin Donuts.

> I will confirm that McDonald's coffee is top notch. I wouldn't go out
> of my way for one, but if it's on my side of the street on the way to
> work and I intended to get coffee to go anyway, I'll get my coffee
> there. I'd rather have coffee and a sausage McMuffin than coffee and
> a donut (although I do *love* bear claws). Sweets in the morning
> don't do anything for me.

I like McD's coffee. When I was taking classes some years ago I'd stop
in for a McMuffin and a cup of coffee. You know me, I wouldn't be
looking for sweets for breakfast, either.

I pointed out to the co-workers they could buy bags of Dunkin' Donuts
ground coffee and make it themselves. They said it wouldn't be the
same. <shrug>

Jill