Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young[_7_] Nancy Young[_7_] is offline

Default Krispy Kreme waffles

On 11/3/2013 8:02 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 06:51:57 -0500, Nancy Young
> > wrote:

>> I first noticed they were everywhere in the Boston area. Thought
>> it maybe was my imagination until I took the Duck Tour and the
>> guide mentioned that Boston had more Dunkin Donuts per capita
>> than anywhere else. After that trip is when the number of
>> locations quintupled where I live, so who knows if that's still true.

> DD HQ is in Randolph MA, about 20 miles out of Boston.

Aha, that explains it. I don't know why I noticed but it caught
my eye, then I saw them every other block. I'm exaggerating. A
bit.

> Our small town
> with a population of 10,000 has three of them, plus a couple of other
> coffee shops.

I'm not one to go out for coffee, but it is big business.

> Using a centralized baking place, they supply a lot of
> small stores and the DD inside of a gas station. Seems like the
> drive-up window always has a line.

That whole centralized baking thing ruined donuts for me.
I liked the sour cream donut (which might sound gooey but it was
plain, and had a really nice crispiness) and the original Dunkin
Donut with the 'handle' ... they just don't have the same
texture anymore and they seem like they're on the wrong side
of stale.

Not a great loss, I only got them once in a while, but I do miss
those. Okay, and the chocolate filled ones, I used to like those
too.

nancy