Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Krispy Kreme waffles

On 2013-11-03 1:04 AM, MotoFox wrote:
> Quoth Dave Smith~
>
>> Should that have read "..... just cold, lumps of lard and sugar"?
>> Krispee Kreme opened a couple outlets in Canada but according to their
>> on-line store locator, they have expanded to a grand total of 5. They
>> have not managed to compete with Tim Horton's doughnut shops, even
>> though they launched here after Hortons had already stooped to the
>> inferior par-baked product.

> Do you know that in the two years I lived in Victoria (2002-2004) I never
> once went to Tim Horton's or consumed any of their products? Don't know
> why, actually. Guess I just never got round to it.
>
> I feel gypped.

If you lived Victoria you probably had a wide variety of choices. The
last time I was in Victoria I was in a coffee shop one a street corner
and there were coffee shops on the other three corners of that
intersection and a few more down the street. None of them were Hortons.

I am not saying Horton's is great. Their coffee and their donuts used to
be better. The thing is that they have had competition from a number of
other franchises and the others have not ousted them from their number
one spot. Despite the Krispy Kreme hype, they never managed to even get
away from the starting gate.