Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Krispy Kreme waffles

On 11/2/2013 8:55 PM, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 11/2/2013 6:39 PM, Dave Smith wrote:

>> Should that not read"..... just cold, lumps of lard and sugar"?
>> Krispee Kreme opened a couple outlets in Canada but according to their
>> on-line store locator, they have expanded to a grand total of 5.

> One opened maybe 30 miles from me at the height of the Krispy Kreme
> resurgence. I've only had one that I bought in a supermarket.
> I have a sweet tooth but this was painfully so.

I only tried them a couple times when someone brought them from the
Mississauga outlet.I was not impressed. They were way too sweet.

> Like Dunkin Donuts. Not that I'm a big fan of donuts but they
> used to have some that I liked. Now they're trucked in.

Hortons donuts used to be made in store. In some cases, usually where
one person had a number of frnchise stores in an area, one store would
make them for the sister stores. There were pretty good, but not
consistent. Then they started the par baked nonsense and they went way
downhill. Krispee Kreme arrived here after that major downgrade, and
they still could not compete.